Yuantan Creek Ecological Park
With a diverse ecosystem, the Park features three waterfalls: Yuantan, Xianshan, and Xinhu.
The roads in the Park are smooth and flat, suitable for all tourists.
A public parking lot and visitor center are present.
A return trip takes around 40 to 50 minutes.
Reservations are required for the restaurant on the second floor of the visitor center.
The trails in the Park are mostly made of wood deck boards and surrounded by rock walls. In addition to the wooden walkway, the Mountain Trail also has a faux wooden trail with stairs that are smooth and easy to walk; the scenery here is remarkable as well. Meanwhile, the area that Yuantan River runs through has strata of sandstone and shale; due to the abundance of joints, there are multi-level waterfalls, giant's kettles, and high cliffs. The river valleys are narrow and steep. It is the best place to observe low- and mid-altitude river valleys. What's more, there is a lot of moisture in the air, making the place highly humid and suitable for parasitic plants relying on humidity. The commonly seen trees here include Machilus kusanoi, Lindera communis, Turpinia, and Celtis formosana. The parasitic plants include Bird's-nest fern and Rock-ginger fern. The unique geological and environmental conditions have helped to create the diverse and rich ecosystem in this Park.
Opening Hours: Sunday:08:30 – 17:00
Monday:08:30 – 17:00
Tuesday:08:30 – 17:00
Wednesday:08:30 – 17:00
Thursday:08:30 – 17:00
Friday:08:30 – 17:00
Saturday:08:30 – 17:00
- Viewing Deck
2. Possible to connect to Rui-Tai Historic Road.
How to Get ThereChoose a transportation method based on your departure location.
1. Minxiong Interchange of National Highway 1 -> Minxiong Outer Expressway -> Sec. 2, Zhengda Road -> County Highway 166 -> Zhuqi -> 71.5-km marker of County Highway 166 -> Yuantan Visitor Center
2. Zhuqi Interchange of National Highway 3 -> County Highway 166 towards Zhuqi -> Zhuqi -> 71.5-km marker of County Highway 166 -> Yuantan Visitor Center
1. Take Bus 7315 from Chiayi Railway Station and get off at Yuntan Waterfall. Walk up for about 7 minutes and you will arrive.
2. Take Bus 7315 from Chiayi Railway Station and get off at Ruili Villa. Walk down for about 7 minutes and you will arrive.